All workshops and events hosted by Auroville Green Practices will follow Tamil Nadu COVID19 protocols and relevant SOPs.
- All participants’ temperatures will be monitored.
- Face masks shall be worn at all times.
- Social distancing shall be respected.
- AGP may require proof of a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test for program admission.
- The internal Auroville guidelines are subject to change at Auroville’s discretion.
Carpentry workshop is developed by Auroville Consulting by partnering with Woodwork, a carpentry unit in Auroville. During the 3-day event the participants will get introduced to the basic methods and techniques such as woodcarving and woodturning. You will also be introduced to interesting concepts like tensegrity and joinery. The wood that is being used in this workshop is waste wood collected from the trees that fell during the cyclone Thane in 2011. The program will be facilitated by Walter Van Asshe, a woodsmith and a master carpenter by profession.
- What are the basic concepts in carpentry?
- How to use basic carpentry tools?
- How to use classic set of techniques such as constructing joints, dovetails and simple frames?
- How to use waste wood better?
- Learn the joy of woodwork from an experienced and practising professional.
- Work and stay in the beautiful, quiet world of Auroville.
- Skills learned here can then be used to build further projects at home such as bookcases, cupboards or tables.
- Learn how to upcycle wood.
- Receive a participation certificate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE WORKSHOP?
Expected participants are professionals, students, and beginners looking to get an introduction into carpentry and woodwork.