3-Day Intensive Permaculture Workshop | Solitude Farm
An intensive 3 day Permaculture workshop to empower you to explore your relationship with mother nature and take the first steps on your road back to nature.
Explore soil, seeds, local foods, medicinal plants, recycling water, enzyme & hand soaps, and the importance of celebration in permaculture.
Founded 26 years ago, in the international township of Auroville, Solitude Farm is dedicated to natural farming, permaculture, and demonstrating the value of local food and the bounty of mother nature.
The modules in this workshop will empower you to grow your own food, learn urban gardening, and understand the social implications. Larger field modules are provided for those starting their own farms.
This workshop aims to empower you to start growing your own food and to gain insights into knowing where our food comes from.
As a participant, you will also discover –
– Harvesting and preparing local food; Secrets of Our Salads & Tribal Booster Juice.
– Circle Garden Module: The circle garden is your first permaculture garden. It is a simple module that incorporates many aspects of the philosophy of natural farming and permaculture practices. The garden is easy to replicate in schools, public spaces, offices, hospitals, etc. This module has a huge social and economic value by reconnecting us to essential values such as nutrition, medicinal plants, community, and our relationship with Mother Nature.
The nursery is the heart of the farm. Learn how to create healthy soil, propagate seedlings and cuttings, sow seeds (fruits & vegetables), and transplant seedlings.
– Understand the principles behind water recycling, and how to make your own enzyme & hand soap!
– Learn how to cook local foods that have been eclipsed by industrialized agriculture and reintegrate them into your diet.
- Learn and implement permaculture design, plant rotations, intercropping, and intense mulching.
– Explore the economic viability of natural farming, CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), education, festivals, eco tourism, involving the community in the farm.
The evenings with localicious dinner and reading from ‘One Straw Revolution’ by Masanobu Fukuoka & Music by Krishna from his Band ‘Emergence’
Key Take Aways
- 20 hours of direct teaching by Krishna and team
- Learn Principles of Natural Farming and Permaculture
- Soil Regeneration
- Intercropping and Crop Rotation
- How to create an Edible Perennial Hedge
- Urban Gardening
- Setting up a nursery
- Circle Garden
- Hands-on Creating a Community Garden Experience
- Recycling Water
- Creating Natural Soap
- Creating Bio-enzymes
- How to create secondary income using medicinal plants
- Creating a sustainable economic model with a community basket service model.
- Reading of One-Straw Revolution – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L6QskgmiM8
- Social Permaculture – The Importance of Celebration
- 7 meals and refreshments
Take a look at our videos from past workshops!